Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sugarplum Fairies

Sleep. It is something I very rarely do. When I do sleep, it isn't  because I feel sleepy. Often times I sleep because well it's been 27 hrs since the last time I slept so it just seemed the right to thing to do. Majority of the time when I do sleep it is often due to help from some OTC aid, but this lack of sleeping doesn't stop me from dreaming.

While most people dream when they are asleep, I dream while I am awake. I dream about a lost little girl sitting alone. Singing lullabies to her stuffed animals. Gently rocking them in the safe comfort of her arms. Even from a distance, I can see the sorrow etched across her soul. I find myself longing to know what she dreams of.

Does she even dream?
Does she ever long to be a ballerina or an astronaut?
Does she hope to be a doctor or  a teacher?

Even though her haunting eyes reveal so many things, they keep her dreams safely hidden. Far from the prying eyes of those who might steal them. They are her treasure. Hers and hers alone. Like a fierce warrior, she defends them. Protects them. They are her only possession.

Suddenly she looks up. She is aware of my presence. Aware of my watchful stare.

I wave to her, but frightened she disappears. Saddened by her sudden departure, I return to my own dreams. Hoping to find her there.


This was for the Studio 30+ writing prompt "Childhood Dreams"


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...