Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cowboys Go Long



Times are tough for everyone these days. When I was growing up, it wasn't much different then than it is now. We pinched pennies, traded aluminum cans, and old bottles and reused whatever we could in as many creative ways as possible. I think this has a lot to do with how I am today. I can do without a lot of things that most people deem "necessities" and I don't even miss them. Mostly because I never had them and you don't miss what you never had. I figure if I have managed to survive on the planet for this long without something then I can manage awhile longer.

When I was little my grandmother had these little quirks about her. She did things that were very un-grandmotherly like. For example, betting on sports.

At her job, they had a football pool and she always joined her. She even won a time or two, but her downfal was her loyalty to the Dallas Cowboys. Whenever they played, she would bet on them and unfortunately (for us at least) the Cowboys were NOT having a good season that year. But it was all in good fun and the only thing my grandmother really splurged on for herself. I remember at the beginning of the season helping her to pick her winning teams.

While we never made it like Brandon Long in Two for the Money, we made enough for a pop and a sandwich on Sunday from the local store. Sometimes I even got a Snickers bar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...