Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Setting Up Your Domain

When I took the plunge and purchased my own domain for my graphic design business, figuring out which webhosting to use was one of the toughest things to do. There was a lot to think about. For me I needed something that provided unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth. While there are other things that are equally as important, this was my top priority when I was searching for a good website hosting company.

It's important you know your particular needs. A lot of companies throw out flashy signs and discounts but what you'll need for your particular site to run properly may cost more than the flashy discount they're  posting in big letters on their home page. Always be sure to read the features carefully and if you're unsure of something, contact customer support to verify or read some website hosting reviews. If they don't offer what you need or if it's not included in the discount, then you probably want to keep looking.

Another thing to consider is web site hosting renewal fees. While the initial cost may be inexpensive to renew could be two or three times that amount. If you plan on having your website for a long time and will renew then make sure their renewal fees don't cost you an arm, leg, and/or kidney. I ended up going with iPage initially but haven't been satisfied with their customer service. I've heard a lot of good things about GoDaddy so I'm considering switching to them in the future when it comes time to renew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...