Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spark(le) Fest

Today I'm doing a post for SparkFest. There's still time to join and there are prizes!! Make sure to stop back by on Friday for my big news reveal.

As writers, we're always striving to get out a message of inspiration to others. This blogfest is a celebration for those who have done this for us. Join the Spark Blogfest, aka Sparkfest, by posting your answer to any of the three prompts above (or make one up as long as it fits the theme).
 
So here's my answers to her questions. I did all 3 because I'm geeky like that:

What book made you realize you were doomed to be a writer? 
 
It wasn't a book so much as blogging. I have written my whole life but never ever considered I had talent, potential, or ability until I began blogging. Now I am addicted and have become one of the masses of insecure aspiring writers. However I think my writing style is definitely Stephen King inspired. I love how he writes about the dark side of things but in a not so dark way. Needful Things is one of my all time favorite books.
 
 
 
What author set off that spark of inspiration for your current Work in Progress?
 
There are 3 actually for me. I know I haven't mentioned it on my blog but I do have a WIP. Although I am not forcing it and am just taking it slow. The writers who influenced me and gave me the courage to begin are Lizzy FordKaren Walker, and Dues Ex Machina. Each inspired me in different ways and gave me the support to begin my WIP.
Or, Is there a book or author that changed your world view?
 
I don't  know if this counts or not but as a child I read National Geographic books constantly. I was fascinated by the exotic places and locations. I came from a very secluded backwoods redneck town smack in the middle of the Bible Belt and those books were my first glimpse into what lay beyond the county line.
 
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...