Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

That's Why


A little late this week, but here's my weekly Indie Ink writing challenge post. This week I was challenged by Transplantedx3 and my challenge went to Allison. You'll be able to read her reply HERE. This week's reply is slightly different. It's all non-fiction; a first for me. Prompt will be at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~
When I first read the prompt for this week, a million and one possibilities ran through my mind, but none of them truly captured me. I was going to tell you about how every day during my first marriage my house would be filled with exotic aromas and spices as I prepared dinner. Or how the smell of bread baking in the oven was the first thing that hit you when you walked in my door. I thought about telling you how the shoes sat beside the front door in a perfectly straight line like soldiers awaiting their orders. I thought about all of the different ways I could give you a glimpse of my life, but none of it appealed to me. 

For it was all done because he said so not because I said so.

So I let the prompt float through my brain for awhile. Then finally I knew exactly what I would write about. I would tell you about how the world no longer stomps all over me. Pushing and grinding me into the ground. Then I would tell you about how much I have grown these last few months, how my confidence has improved, and how I have slowly begun to change my outlook on life. I would tell you about how for the first time in my life I have friends. Real friends who care about me, who want me to be happy, who worry if I start to get quiet. Friends who don't let me wallow and call me out when I'm pouting and feeling sorry for myself. As I thought about the reasons why my life and the people around me suddenly seem so very different I realized:

It was all because I said so.



Prompt: Because I Said So

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...