Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Teleporting Hindsight

Ordinarily I have my Indie Ink writing challenge up by Monday, but apparently the bloggy gods decided that I needed a bit of  bloggy break. On Monday I participated in Alex's blogfest, but before I could visit everyone my internet decided to go on sabbatical and stayed there for the next 24 hrs. Then when it finally decided it was rested and ready to work, the transformer blew in our area and the entire city was without electric for the next 24 hrs. Well it would come and go but never long enough for me to get online. So to all of my new followers I apologize for being such a poor hostess and to those who commented from the blogfest I promise I will get by to visit you in the next day or so. My challenge this week came from Heather. She challenged me to write a letter to myself 10 yrs ago. (ie if I am 26 now then write to my 16 yr old self). My challenge went to Trish. You'll be able to read her reply HERE


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Me, 


I realize it must be a shock to read this. After all, it's from me. I mean you. I mean well the you that you will be ten years from now. Damn, this is harder than I thought it would be. Let me start again.

So much has changed in these ten years. They haven't yet been able to transport a human back in time but they have had success in transporting objects. I volunteered because I wanted to let you know that a lot of shit is about to happen. It's not going to be easy on you. I don't want to tell you what's coming because I don't want to alter the person you become, but I just want to let you know that you turn out pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Which I do btw. You make a lot of mistakes. You do a lot of things you will wish you could change, but you learn from those mistakes. You make your life better. You make you better, and the most remarkable thing of all is you survive. You build a life, and you become happy within yourself. You find that inner peace that you have been searching for. Things are still difficult, but yet that's ok. You're ok.

So I just wanted to let you know that there will come a day when things are "better". When things don't look so dark.So just hold on. Be patient, and most of all don't forget to breathe. I'll be here waiting for you. You're not alone.

You're not alone. 


Love always, 

The You that You Become

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...