Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Under Appreciated Over Qualified

It's Monday so you know what that means. It's Indie Ink writing time. I suddenly feel like PeeWee Herman just said the word of the day and I should scream or something lol. When I first saw this week's challenge, I was a bit stumped. It was simple but yet not so I wasn't sure exactly what to do with it, but as soon as I sat down to write the words just wrote themselves. As always your feedback is most welcomed!! My challenge this week came from Jan. She challenged me to write about "a confrontation at work with your boss". I challenged Seeking Elevation. You'll be able to read the reply later this week HERE


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Doesn't she ever get tired of hearing herself talk?" I wondered as the sound of her voice drifted in from down the hall. It seems she never shuts up. She is always going on about something. Some days it is more than I can take. What was I thinking when I took this job. I must have been insane to think that I could do this. Why didn't I become a doctor like everyone expected me to? Oh no I knew better than all of them. I had to follow my dreams, follow my heart. How silly that seems now sitting here listening to my boss screaming for the umpteenth time today. I don't even know what it's about this time. Everything I do just seems to be wrong. No matter how hard I try she just never seems to be satisfied with my work. Now after only two years of being in this job, I am really starting to doubt my own abilities. I think it's time I did something else, but how?

 I could hear the sound of her voice getting louder as she grew closer to my door. Before I knew what was happening I flung the door open and just began screaming at her. Even as I heard the sound of my own voice ringing in my ears, I couldn't believe that it was me. Two years worth of frustration came pouring out of me and for the first time all day, she was silent. She just stood there.Staring at me with her eyes unblinking. 

When finally there were no more words left in me, I too stood there in silence. Not quite sure what had just happened. Not quite sure what I should do next. That is when she finally got up the courage to speak to me, "Mommy mad at me?" she whispered as the tears began to spill from her big brown eyes. 

I scooped her up in my arms and buried my face into her neck. Inhaling her innocence, "No sweetness, Mommy is so sorry for yelling at you. Can you forgive Mommy? How bout we have Italian today for lunch? Your favorite, what do you say?" 

"Sketti? Me eat sketti?" she asked, still not quite certain what had just taken place. "Yes, you eat sketti. Come on, you can help me make the sauce". As I buckled her into her booster seat and a big smile replaced her tears, I realized I might just be doing an ok job after all. 

"Wuv you mommy". 

"Mommy wuvs you too sweetness".




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...