Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Top 5 Blogfest



Teralyn over at A Writer's Journey is having a blogfest and I could not pass up the opportunity to play. The challenge for this blogfest was to pick your top five favorite books and write one line of what each book is about and one line about why you liked it. I don't know how well I will stick to the one line, but let's see what happens. The blogfest is from June 20th-22nd so you can still sign up for it, but you best hurry!!




Clan of the Cave Bear is a historical fiction novel set in prehistoric times about the life of a little girl who becomes lost from her family and is found by neanderthals.  I LOVED this series. I don't have words to express what I felt as I read through the entire Earth Children's series. I am not a fan of historical fiction but the writing, the characters, the story just drew me in and I was held hostage. I guess this is cheating because there are 3 books in this series and I loved them all but I am only counting this as one.




Animal Farm is a dystopian allegorical novella  and is about the events leading up to and during the Stalin era before World War II. I loved the rawness of this book. I originally read this when I was in highschool as part of my required reading, but I have read it several times since then. Every time I read it I see something I didn't see the first time which is what I love most about this book. 



The narrative tells the tale of the all-encompassing and passionate, yet thwarted, love between Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff, and how this unresolved passion eventually destroys them and many around them. I am a big fan of the Bronte sisters. I love their flawed characters and how they showed the reality of the world that surrounded them instead of the pomp and circumstance that people pretended was reality.






The story begins in 1940 during World War II, when four siblings--Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie--are evacuated from London to escape the Blitz and are sent to live with Professor Digory Kirke, who lives in a country house in the English countryside. Believe it or not I have not ever seen these movies, but have read all of the books. I lost myself inside of these fantasies. I hid inside of my own closet and played pretend whatever chapter I had finished reading that day.  



A vampire named Louis tells his 200-year-long life story to reporter Daniel Molloy (who is only referred to as "the boy" in the novel). My very first book crush was over LeStat. I connected with him in such a way that made him so real to me. I felt as if I actually met him and lost him, but was able to reconnect with him through the book. And no I never saw this movie either. I am not one for watching the movies if I have read the book. That includes the LOTR as well. I am weird like that I know. 

So that is my list. I almost played by the rules which is a lot for me. I can't wait to read what books everyone has listed. I know my list is a bit eclectic but what can I say? I have never been known for being "normal".


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...