Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Find - Wanderlust Compassion


I had thought I would start this weekly topic next Friday, but then yesterday Indie Ink featured an absolutely fabulous submission which led me to another amazing find so I thought why wait. Let's get the party started!

Yesterday I visited Indie Ink and read an outstanding article. I instantly connected with the pain, frustration, and helplessness the writer captured in this powerful piece. Mostly because I have lived in similar situations and know EXACTLY what it feels like. Even though I no longer live in that environment I am still deeply effected by it. I most likely will be for the rest of my life. You can read the article Blood Red Life over at Indie Ink. It was submitted by an extremely talented writer, Kristin Bumm. Then once you have finished reading, head on over to Kristin's blog  Wanderlust. Find out why there is oxycodone in the ranch dressing. You will not be disappointed.

While I was visiting Kristin at Wanderlust, I noticed this little button she has on her blog and being unable to resist playing with shiny new things I had to click it.




It led me to here. The International Day of Compassion (May 15th). I remember watching the movie Patch Adams many years ago. It was an amazing movie, but what is more amazing is the work that Patch Adams has done throughout his life. He founded the Gesundheit Institute which is a project in holistic medical care based on the belief that one cannot separate the health of the individual from the health of the family, the community, the world, and the health care system itself. This event is just another example of the outstanding work Patch Adams is known for. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the International Day of Compassion (May 15th), then click here to join (or to just find out more about it) because we all could use a little more compassion in this world.

To find out more about Patch Adams and his Gesundheit Institute visit his website

Hunter "Patch" Adams




PS: I also just joined Bloglovin. You can Follow my blog with bloglovin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...