Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Remembering Jordan May 22nd



For those who are new and maybe don't know what this button is all about or for those who might know, I just wanted to remind everyone about remembering Jordan Moore Fields on May 22nd. I met his mother Jackie over at SheWrites. Jordan was tragically killed in a car accident in 2008. He was a student at Amherst and May 22nd would have been his commencement ceremony. In order to commemorate the event, Jackie asked people to tie a purple ribbon around a tree in their front yard on that day, but I don't have a tree so I tied my ribbon on my blog. Those who would like to participate in remembering Jordan this Sunday May 22nd can do so simply by displaying this button in my sidebar or by actually tying a ribbon around a tree.


If you choose to do either, please drop by Jackie's blog and let her know. You can find her at AlwasyaMomof4 She also recently lost her father so I am certain it is a difficult time for her. A kind word goes a long way even from a stranger.



I am also being featured today over at TexaGermaNadian: My Life in 3 Countries. I give tips on who to learn a foreign language from and why you should never "kiss oomick". Stop by there or learn the reason why the hard way like my sister in law did

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...