Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

To Comment or Not to Comment

While that might not have been exactly what Shakespeare meant, it is something that I plan to work on. While it seems like such a small thing to most people, for me it is a major thing. I have read so many wonderful blogs the last two days and I think I have commented on one maybe two. However, that is huge for me. I know it might not seem like it. I mean hello I am blogging to the world, but you have no idea who I am so that makes it easier, but I am an extremely quiet person. So quiet that usually people perceive my silence as me being snobbish or stand offish. They perceive my silence as that I think I am too good to speak to them.

I never understood why people think like that, but they do and if I want them to change how they see me, then I have to let them know me. But having been silent for so many years, it is extremely difficult to break out of that so one way of challenging myself was to comment on others blogs. Baby steps right? It is a beginning. A way for me to anonymously be myself and see how people react to that. Then when I try in real life maybe some of that anxious nervousness that forces me to not speak will have disappeared. I will appear a bit more open, a bit more friendly, a bit more compassionate.

So here is my challenge. I am putting it in writing so that I can't back out. I will comment on 2 blogs a day. 1 blog can be one I have commented on before but the other must be a new blog. It may or may not be one I follow but it isn't about that. It is about opening up. Taking that first step. Learning how to communicate. How to express myself.

Learning how to just say "hello".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...