Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

What is freedom?

If freedom is the ability to go outside uncovered, then i chose to remain amongst the oppressed.

If freedom is the ability to walk hand in hand with any strange man, then i chose to remain amongst the oppressed.

If freedom means I must leave my modesty aside, then i will keep my modesty and live in oppression.


True freedom is not simply following others blindly. Freedom is remaining true to one's heart. To one's Love. To one's Truth. You are not free if you are wearing a leash while another is the one holding it. Even the oppressed are more free than those who wave the flag of freedom because in their oppression they have found truth. They have found love. They have found righteousness. They are not followers. They are not being led to slaughter. They walk with their heads held high and place the noose of so called freedom tightly around their necks. Because it is in their rejection of submission that they remain free. It is in their refusal to place their hand in others and be led that true freedom lies. It is not in blindly following.
 It is so easy to walk the way others do. Yet so difficult to walk the path of Truth alone.

This is actually something I wrote a very long time ago. I was looking through some old writings and with the world being the way it is today I just thought I would share with you all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...