Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oh Lawdy Look What I've Gone and Done


So I can't believe I actually went and did this but I am known for my impulsive decisions. I signed up for NaNoWriMo (is that how you write it if not you know what I mean). I've been working on my memoir/biography/I need to get this out of me so I can write about other things book. The problem is I get about 6 chapters in and think "Oh if I changed the POV to this it would be AWESOME!!". So I scrap my whole thing and start over to get about 6 1/2 chapters in and think "Oh Oh if I change this to that then it'll be even AWESOMER" and I scrap it and start over. I have issues with short attention span if you've never noticed. 

During the first Insecure Writer's Group post, I got a lot of very helpful feedback. One of the comments that really appealed to my need for constant change was NaNoWriMo. The only thing that can override my need to constantly change things is my need to meet a deadline. If I know I need to bang out 50,000 words to get some shiny pretty to hang on my blog, then I'll bang out  50,001 words just to be on the safe side. I do not miss deadlines. This is perfect for me. Although I'm not going to focus so much on word count as I am just finishing the first draft. If it meets the word count great and if not I still consider it a success. In my head I know what I want to write, it's just getting my fingers to cooperate. 

So during November I may be a little absent if I am you'll know why. Think about me and if you're in my neck of the woods I like my hot chocolate with marshmallows. Thank YOU!!  

Is anyone else participating?? I hate walking into new places alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...