Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Voices Within

Indie Ink writing challenge time again.  My challenge this week came from Barb and I challenged Kelly. Prompt will be at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, honey, I'm home. Yum, something smells good. Whatcha cooking up in there?

Not a damn thing for you. I invited some people over. This is for them.

Oh, hi Rea. I didn't realize it was you.

That's why you should learn not to speak. It makes you look even more stupid than you are.

I'll be in the study when Leeza comes.

Leeza's not coming. I told you I invited people over. They'll be here soon.

Honey! Honey! Are you ok? What happened? There was a loud noise. Oh god, are you ok? How did you cut yourself?

I-I-I-I w-w-was c-c-cutting the the the p-p-p-uh-tah-toes and and and I-I-I c-c-c-cut my-my-myself.

Oh Jilly! You know you're not allowed to use the knife. Why were you using the knife? You know you're suppose to come and ask me when you need something.

I-I-I d-d-didn't wa-wa-want to b-b-bother you.

Jilly, you know you're no bother. Here we'll finish dinner together. I'll cut the potatoes and you get the salad made. Dinner smells lovely, Jilly. You did an excellent job.

Th-th-thank you. I-I-I tr-tr-tried.

I know you did and it smells delicious. Jilly, can you do me a favor? Can you get Leeza for me please?

K-k-kay. I-I-I'll tr-try.

Honey? Leeza? I need to speak to you. It's important.

Oh, Brian! When did you get home? I was. I was. I don't know.

It's ok, sweetheart. Dinner's started. Do you want to help me finish it?

Did I do this?

Rea was here when I got home. Then Jilly came and I asked her to get you.

I wanted to make you a nice dinner. I wanted to surprise you when you got home. I thought. I thought we could  have a nice dinner. Just the two of us. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Don't cry, sweetheart. It's ok. We can still have a nice dinner. It smells delicious whatever it is. I think it's ready. You just sit there and let me get it out of the oven.Wow. This roast looks delicious.

Roast! Yes I put a roast in the oven. A few hours ago to cook. I was. I was going to make mashed potatoes. With the cheese and garlic and and that's all I remember.

It's ok. There's plenty of roast and salad. We'll have that and some of these leftover rolls from last night.

It's not the dinner I had planned.

It's ok, love. Life would be boring without a few surprises.


prompt: ignore the elephant in the room. write a piece about two people discussing everything but the real issue, but make the real issue obvious to the reader.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...