Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Friday, April 8, 2011

G (r-r-reat)




I was in the kitchen cleaning up when ShahJee came home last night. I knew something was seriously wrong the minute I heard the put-put-SNAP of metal as he turned the engine off. I don't know much about cars other than I like mine shiny, black, and fast. Not necessarily in that order. I asked him what was wrong, but the grunt I received in reply told me that whatever it was, it was not good. Great! just freakin' great exactly what we didn't need at this moment. ( I may or may not have said "great" but since this blog is family friendly let's all pretend that I was suddenly possessed by Tony the Tiger)

ShahJee spent most of last night trying to figure out which auto repair shop was the closest and cheapest. I am so glad that at least I have him to deal with these issues now. When I lived in Bahrain, it was a nightmare trying to get my car serviced. 

When I bought my car, I knew exactly what I wanted, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.



Evo for short. That wasn't what I bought because I could not afford the monthly payment, let alone insurance, repairs etc. So I got the Mitsubishi Lancer instead. It had a spoiler, was shiny, and went fast. I didn't complain. Until the scheduled service maintenance came due. 

I went to the mechanic the dealership told me about. He wanted to charge me 32 dinars ($85 ) and said it would take 3 days. I could not be without my car for 3 days so I left. Later that day I told a friend of mine about it. He laughed and said, "Give me your keys." An hour later he came back, the service fully completed and it only cost 5 dinars ($14 ). Figures. 

ShahJee took the car in this morning. The guy said it was possibly the "tyrod". Not exactly sure if that is the correct translation or not, but based upon ShahJee's description that is what it sounds like it might be. So I guess we'll just wait and see what happens and how much it costs.

When it rains, it pours, but at least now I have an umbrella.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...