Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Monday, April 25, 2011

U (nhappy)




I am not quite sure what U word I would have posted about, but considering I have been unable to work for the last 10 hrs unhappy seems to be the appropriate choice. Well, the family friendly choice at least. We're going into the summer season here. June, July, and August are the 3 hottest months of the year. Temperatures range between 50- 60 degrees Celsius (122-140 F  for those in the US) and that's without humidity. At the moment though temperatures are only in the 40's (100-110 F) so it's not so bad yet. You might be thinking that I am unhappy because it's hot, well no not really. Yes it's hot but summer means more loadshedding. 

Don't know what loadshedding is? Then thank your lucky stars. I had never heard of it either until I came here so it is probably one of the hardest things for me to adjust to. Loadshedding according to the dictionary is an intentionally engineered electrical black out. Basically, it means scheduled power outages during specific times of the day. In the summer months, when demand for electricity is at its peak, then the electric is off more than it is on. 

Last summer in some places the electric was off by as much as 18-20 hrs a day. Not in our area thankfully. For us it is off about 12 hrs a day currently. One hour off and then one hour on, but today it was off for 10 hrs straight which makes me unable to work which makes me unhappy. So sorry for my crappy mood, now I am off to catch up on my work. I normally take about 30 mins before I start to get around to everyone but couldn't today so hopefully tomorrow I will be back on schedule.


                               

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...