Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Friday, April 1, 2011

A (DDICTION)





Writing is our ADDICTION.
Words are our drug. Stories are our high.
I don't dare to call myself a "writer" ,
but it is something that I ASPIRE to do.
Why did van Gogh cut off his ear?
 Out of red paint, that's why.



Today is the beginning of the A-Z April Challenge. I thought it only fitting to start the challenge by finally admitting that I am an addict. All writers are addicts. We are always in search of our next fix. If we can't get it, then we begin to CRAVE words. We go into withdrawals and begin spouting off poetry to random strangers on the subway.  Writing is not something we do. It is who we are. This is why I write. I love the thrill of seeing a world of my own making come to life.

I have no intention of quiting or joining a program either. In fact I want to become even more addicted. I am hoping to find a few good dealers this month. People who have been selling for awhile. I have already browsed around and seen some I hope to start buying from soon. 

 I use to not be addicted like this. I was an "occasional" user. I would get my high just whenever the notion struck me. Sometimes though I'd take too much and end up vomiting all over the page.  Huge chunks just splattered everywhere. Those who loved me would ooh and ahh, but you can only make vomit so pretty. Even the scent remains no matter how much air freshener you use. 

This is why my goals for this challenge are to:

a.) meet new dealers
b.) improve the quality of my stock

I am tired of being a dead end junkie who vomits big chunks into cyberspace. I want to be a sophisticated high end dealer that seduces my clientele. I am here to learn, people. Mould me.


 

Edited to Add: Thanks to Deirdra for the lovely Award for Creative Blog.
 Goes perfect with my Addiction.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...