Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

R (oller coaster)




I love roller coasters. The faster, the higher, the more dangerous they are, the more I love them. I am certain Freud would have a field day with that because "roller coaster" is the perfect example of my life. It takes twists and turns when I least expect it. I never know when the drop is coming, but I know it's there and at some point will eventually  happen. No matter how much I prepare myself when it does come I scream the whole way down, but it doesn't stop me from getting right back in line the minute the ride is over just so I can do it all over again. At least the second time around I will be a little bit more prepared for when the bottom drops out from under me. It might still be scary, but I know that eventually it will be over and I will make it through.

When I was 14, I got stuck upside down on a roller coaster. It took them 20 mins to get the ride going again so that we could get off. I was devastated because it was the first night of the local fair.  The fair was the highlight of our small town existence and to not be able to ride the roller coaster every night for an entire week was beyond bearable. The next night when we returned to the fair and I saw the roller coaster up and running I was ecstatically happy. My friends thought I was insane and refused to ride it with me. I didn't care. I rode it every night. It was an amazing feeling of freedom. I felt like I was flying. I loved every minute of it. There is nothing like the thrill of riding a rickety ole town fair roller coaster.




the world's fastest roller coaster: Formula Rossa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...