Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D (afeenah)




Some shameless self promotion, eh? But since we haven't got to the S yet then I can pretend it's about getting to know me instead. When I first started blogging, I wanted to blog "semi anonymously". Meaning "dafeenah" is not my real name. Gasp! I know you're all shocked. I didn't mean to mislead you. It just sort of happened. Everything else I blog about is true, but I just can't quite put my "real" name out there. I admire those who can, but since it might bring me another D word (divorce) I have chosen to not use my real name. That is how I came up with Dafeenah. 

Dafeenah Jameel is two Urdu words. They mean "beautiful (Jameel) hidden treasure (Dafeenah)". When I started blogging, I was in search of my "beautiful hidden treasure". I married at 16, got pregnant at 17, quit school at 18, had my 2nd child at 19, and was divorced by 20. My 20's were chaotic, toxic, and not good for anyone. Now in my 30's I am doing what most do in their teens and 20's , finding myself. That is why I am dabbling in different genres and writing styles. Trying to see what best suits my voice. What inspires me and makes my soul burn and come alive.

Awhile ago I wrote about the labels I wear. I see them changing with each day. Morphing into some new creation. I don't know where I will be tomorrow or if I will even be, but for now I am just living in the moment. At least as best as I can.


In other randomness....

I was in the process of typing this post and decided I needed a bloggy break. So I went to read some awesome people who make me laugh on a daily basis and that is when I discovered I had been given an award by the totally awesome AbsolutelyPrimed at Over Developed , Under Exposed.  Since this post is about Dafeenah and well I am Dafeenah I am tacking this little beauty on here.  Without further adieu my beautiful bloggy award


According to the rules I am suppose to tell you 7 random facts about myself, but since rules were made to be broken I am gonna tell you 5 because well I can that's why.

  1. Until I was 9 years old whenever we went out to eat at a seafood place, I only ate the batter off of my fish because I thought the white "meat" part inside was actually the insides of the fish.
  2. I am 7 years older than my husband but everyone thinks he is 3 years older than me. 
  3. My left leg is shorter than my right leg.
  4. I eat apples but don't drink apple juice. I drink orange juice but don't eat oranges.
  5. I quit drinking (alcohol) when I was 14.



After I tell you random facts I am suppose to pass this precious on. Kinda like the force. Rules say 15 I again must veto and say 3.

Sapphire Dragonflies - I love her blog. She writes about the real things in a real way. No sugar coating or pretend. She isn't afraid to take the world head on and tell it like it is. She is also one of the kindest people I have ever met.


The child - Kim is an amazing writer. Every time I read her writing I am just in awe of how she sees the world in such beauty.


everday is discovery - I found Michelle through the A-Z blogging challenge. I love what I have read so far from her. She is funny and inspirational

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...