Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Say What?!

This is the conversation I just had with my 5 yr old niece:


Niece: "Where is Uncle Shahjee's channel?"

"His what?"

Niece:"The channel. You know Uncle Shahjee's channel. He wants it and told me to bring it to him."

For 30-45 secs I ran through my head all the possibilities I could think of that she might be saying, but for the life of me I could not figure out what "channel" she was looking for. So I just said "I don't know".

Niece:"Ok let me go ask him where it's at."

Two minutes later she returns and walks over to his desk, looks in the top drawer and pulls out his phone CHARGER. She looks at me, smiles and says "See his CHANNEL"  and skips out of the room at which point I busted out laughing because I  swear she was saying "channel" and not "charger".

She is very proud of the fact that I speak english. Her mom is always telling me how she tells all of her cousins and friends at school how her auntie speaks english. Last night I went to the kitchen to get something and she was sitting in the TV room with her dad and a cousin. I heard her "whisper" to her cousin:

"That's MY auntie. She isn't YOUR auntie. She is MY auntie and she speaks English. YOUR auntie doesn't speak english like MY auntie does".

She is a handful, but I love having her and her little sister here. They only come a couple times a year. They have A/C in their house and we don't so it's very hard on the little one to stay here especially during the summer months and then in winter they have school so they don't get to visit often. Although Snoball might be slightly happy they don't come often. He's been hiding out in our room ever since they decided to play dress up.

Last night he came running into our room at full speed, jumped up in my lap and started meowing very loudly. Apparently the girls had decided to play dress up and Snoball was their baby. They had put little bows in his hair and put a little dress on him. Now whenever he hears them coming he goes and hides in the corner behind the curtains.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...