Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wake Up Tremor- Aftershock

My sleep was interrupted this morning by falling plaster. I was actually sleeping which is something I don't do often. I think the earth took offense to that and ever so slightly jiggled itself beneath me. It knew it wouldn't take much because I am a light sleeper. The sound in my own dreams wakes me up at times. So when the plaster began to fall on me, I awakened slowly and slightly confused. Not sure what was going on or why it sounded like it was raining in my room. I turned the light to see why the ceiling was falling before I started to screech like chicken little and confirming to all I was in fact a little bit crazy.

That was when Shahjee came in the room and I said, "Did you feel that?"

He confirmed what I suspected.

Earthquake.

It wasn't anything major and it actually happens quite often. A couple times a month. The first time it happened I didn't even realize that it was happening. I was sat on the floor or I wouldn't have even felt the ripple as it passed underneath.

Shahjee looked down at me and smiled, "Did you feel that?"

Not sure if I had actually felt anything I asked, "What was that?"

"Earthquake".

I have to admit it scared me a little bit. I am from the south and the earth doesn't move there. The wind yes. The earth not so much. It was the moment I realized just how far from home I had come. Since that day there have been numerous ripples, bomb blasts, floods. Things I never imagined would have a direct impact on me but have. So this morning as I sat in the plaster rain and felt the earth stretching I smiled and slowly drifted back to sleep. In my home over the rainbow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...