Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Inspired You This Week?

 
This is for a prompt from Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. The prompt I chose was "What inspired you this week?". Since I started this week by twisting the rules, it seems I will end this week by also twisting the rules. At first I couldn't decide which prompt to choose, then suddenly this one just jumped out at me along with a poem so instead of writing an article I wrote my inspiration as a poem. I hope that doesn't get me in too much trouble. (Also I still can't get the button to paste properly so instead I just put the link. However button is in the sidebar if you wanna click it)


What inspired you this week?

The  moon and stars
upon the seas
the radiant sun
the billowing trees

The cool winter's wind
upon my cheek
The encouraging word
A friend did speak

The loving touch
Of his embrace
His gentle lips
Soft as lace

Nights alone
A kitten's purr
A stranger's laugh
Memories of her

And in my mind
The scenes did unfold
and from my pen
a story was told




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...