Welcome Fellow Campaigners!!

I'm participating in the Platform Building Campaign. If you're a fellow campaigner stopping by, make sure to leave me a comment if you follow me so that I can find you. Sometimes there's not a link in your profile on the GFC so I don't have a way to figure out where you came from. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and to reading your posts!!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Whose Voice Am I Using

Many of the writing blogs and sites I have visited lately talk a lot about "finding your voice". This is strange I didn't realize I needed a "voice" in writing, but after reading the obvious, it does make sense. I definitely think it is something I need to work on. I know my writing is "good" but not "great". I know there are many many things I need to learn. I never realized how much work went into writing before. So much behind the scenes stuff .

Until recently I never realized that I might actually could be a writer. Writing is for smart people. I am not smart. Writing is for talented people. I am not talented. Writing is for (insert adjective here). Then immediately my inner critic would chime in, that's not you. I write the best when I just write without thinking. Just let the writing flow out of me, but I know I have to learn how to harness that so that I can write more on "demand" as opposed to when the notion strikes.

At the moment I don't know whose voice I am using. If it's mine or someone else's, but I think that pretty much sums up my life at the moment. If I don't know who "me" is then how can I possibly find my own voice. I definitely think that through this challenge I am going to work on direction and my voice. It is a good time to try new things out. See what feels good. See what's me.

What about you? Do you know your voice? How did you find it? Was it always present?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...